I found all the video resources for students and teachers very interesting. The only one that I was aware of before this couse was YouTube. I really like the concept of "Blended Learning". I believe that "videos" really do create a richer opportunity for students to learn by. To me these types of videos really do make learning more personal and interesting. I like that the videos are created by someone that has an interest in creating them. When someone has a passion for something it makes it more real for everyone else. It's a plus to reach out globally. It is also a plus that students can view these when it is convenient for them (2:00 a.m.).
Next Vista for Learning-I liked the concept, no log in, no fee, no registering, not much advertising and that there were rules and checks before something was posted. The educational content seemed good and it seemed easy for everyone to use.
Teacher Tube and School Tube seemed similar to me. The first thing that stood out to me with Teacher Tube was the visibility of a rating system for each video. That just reminded me of all the internet sales...before you buy anything you look at the ratings. School Tube had the same rating system but it didn't seem to stand out as much. The educational content and ease of use seemed to be ok.
YouTube seemed to be less restrictive in what videos get posted. I think you really have to look through to figure out what might be of educational value. It also had a rating system.
MovieClips looked like a very interesting site. I really don't have any idea how useful this might be for school curriculum.
Week 14
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment