Sunday, January 3, 2010

Wiki

I was unable to get in and explore the class demo wiki but I have explored and I do use the VEwiki. I share responsibility for entering events on the VE Calendar of Events with the other secretaries at VE and I also use the Level One IST Schedule for preparing a schedule for subs covering for those meetings. I find it very helpful to have one place to enter and/or look up information. To me, the concept is similar to using a shared drive such as our W drive. The wiki does seem to be better organized, easier to navigate through and has many more options with a lot more flexibility than what a shared drive has. The only problem seems to be in getting the rest of the staff to use it to look up some of the information for themselves. I guess it might just be because we all need the training. As with anything new, the more we use it, the better we get at using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment