Saturday, April 3, 2010

Social Media

My social media networks of choice are facebook and twitter. Since I'm not a teacher and don't have a class, my goals would be to use both facebook and twitter for personal use.

I actually already had a facebook account. I opened the facebook account so I could view my daughter's college team photos on her coach's facebook account. It's a little weird to be in his account but I love the pictures. I wish my daughter would listen to Lori's advice about the information being there forever and to be careful what you post. I have tried to warn her. Unfortunately, she will learn the hard way. I have learned to not say much about what is on her facebook after mistakenly interpreting something incorrectly. The result was that she was going to "unfriend me". I convinced her not to do that and now I just bite my tongue so I can still have a glimpse into her life-she attends college in NJ. If you are interested in sending me a friend request you will see what I consider to be typical college postings. Again, many things that a college student posts, even the pictures, I would not post. Unfortunately, even though I'm not posting them you can still find them through my account...I do have mixed feelings about that. I believe my facebook user name is Patricia Wagar.

I chose to also open a twitter account for this class. I thought I would use this account for my "junk account". Meaning that I will use it to get coupons from places such as Abbotts and also subscribe to magazine updates such as Consumer Reports. After getting so many consumer reports immediately, I wanted to go through and delete some of them. Not sure how I am going to like getting that much information in such a short time. I may have to re-evaluate and find another use for twitter. After using facebook, I don't see twitter as being as interactive with others. I honestly don't think I will spend much time on it. I think I would like Plurk better but since I had never heard of it before this class I went with opening a twitter account. My twitter username is patwagar1.

No comments:

Post a Comment